Tuesday, June 22, 2010

June 23



well i discovered after all that - it was infected the whole time - i got hold of some non iodized salt and soaked my ear in a shallow bowl with hot water and salt. It drained something serious, very serious and the swelling went down immediatley - it was really swollen - i mean it still is today, but bot nearly as swollen as it was. There was alot of fluid in there, not really blood, i have not seen really any blood come out at all. Today I am concerned with this lump thru the piercing and on the back of my ear. I am positive that it is NOT a keliod, but I am concerned that it is an abcess that needs to be drained - but then again I am not sure - and I have read DO NOT pop that lump, it will only get worse. I am wondering if it is just the swollen cartildage, because there is some serious cartilage that i put a needle thru - i dont want it to get hard and my ear stay like this, so i am not sure what to do - not sure if it is left from the infection or if it is swelling - but I want it gone. It does not hurt nearly as bad as it did a week ago today

my fiance was getting tatted at our normal shop - where I DID NOT GO - stupid on my part - anyhow, my guy up there was really concerned and said that he didnt think that i would wake up the next day - told me i needed to seek immediate medical attention - he had never seen anything like it before - he wanted me to remove it - but with all the internet reading that I have done on this piercing - i see that removing the jewlery is NOT the way to go - it will heal up with the infection still in the ear and then i will really look like a tart - i just hope that someone reading this may have this piercing and may have had a similar expierence - i am open to your opinions - email me nccharest@yahoo.com

these are photos from today - front and back of ear - today is the first day that i noticed the bump on the back of my ear - NOT A FAN

5 comments:

  1. Hi, the date now is august 26, 2018. Nccharest@yahoo.com is still a good email, my snug is healed and well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been a total of 8 years since this blog . Took 3 years for the piercing to heal completely

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soak ear in bowl of super warm iodized salt water, as warm as you can handle. Do this a few times a day for a few weeks, at first it will drain but you will notice relief and eventually will start to heal. Wash hands constantly, do not touch it with dirty hands.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I’m surprised you kept it, are you able to sleep on that side now? And what kind of problems still occur if any?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Infected Nose Piercing Symptoms. Treating a Ring Bump (Bubble) with Apple Cider Vinegar and Salt.
    apple cider vinegar piercing bump

    ReplyDelete